Enter to Win a Mid-Week Break
Because weekends shouldn’t have all the fun, we invite you to celebrate a Mid-Week Break in Caledon’s spectacular hills. Home to fabulous hiking, wonderful restaurants, farm markets, galleries, the Credit Valley Explorer Tourist Train, yoga studies, spas, biking, birding, the Forks of the Credit trestle bridge, The Great War Flying Museum and more, Caledon is only an hour’s escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Now, Caledon is also home to the beautiful Peartree B&B (Peartree B&B). Lovingly run by Innkeeper Audrey Partridge, Peartree is located near the banks of the Credit River in the village of Terra Cotta. Your rooms open into a garden, fresh air and the peace we all need in our lives. You can walk to the Terra Cotta Inn for lunch or dinner, explore the Caledon Trailway or just relax with a good book in the sunshine without having to start your car.
And because the birds, trails, Terra Cotta Inn and the Peartree B&B don’t disappear on weekdays, we want you to experience what Caledon has to offer during the mid-week.
To enter to win one of three prizes including the Mid-Week Package described below, you must:
- Book, pay for and stay during the mid-week at the lovely Lodge at Pine Cove (Lodge at Pine Cove) on the French River in Northern Ontario by June 30, 2016,
- Buy a copy of Caledon Hikes: Loops & Lattes on line from Loops & Lattes by June 30, 2016.
The Mid-Week Package includes:
- Two nights accommodations including a scrumptious breakfast for up to 4 people at the elegant and recently opened Peartree B&B in Terra Cotta, Ontario (www.peartreebnb.com)
- One 3-course dinner for 4 people at the historic Terra Cotta Inn (Terra Cotta Inn)
- One half-day guided hike lead by Nicola Ross, author of Caledon’s only dedicated hiking guide: Caledon Hikes: Loops & Lattes (Loops & Lattes)
- Other offers from local businesses, and the freedom to enjoy what Caledon has to offer.
- 20% discount on your mid-week stay at The Lodge at Pine Cove during May or June, 2016 (Lodge at Pine Cove)
- One 3-course dinner for two at The Lodge at Pine Cove (Lodge at Pine Cove)
A copy of Halton Hikes: Mostly Loops & More Lattes, Nicola’s new hiking guide that will be available in November 2016 (Loops & Lattes)
- First prize is a mid-week package available on Monday through Thursday nights. It must be used by October 31, 2016 and is one package that must be used during the same stay at the Peartree B&B.
- Dinners at both the Terra Cotta Inn and The Lodge at Pine Cove are three-course meals. Liquor, coffee, tea and tips are not included.
- Transferable to friends or family, but the package cannot be changed. If the winner transfers the package, they must make the change known to the Peartree B&B in advance of the stay.
- To enter, you must:
a) Book, pay for and stay during the mid-week at The Lodge at Pine Cove by June 30, 2016
b) Purchase a copy of Caledon Hikes: Loops & Lattes online from Loops & Lattes by June 30, 2016.
5. Draw will take place on July 5, 2016. Winners will be notified by July 12, 2016.
To purchase Caledon Hikes: Loops & Lattes, scroll down.
About the Caledon Hikes
For the Caledon Hikes love story check out my new video created by Mick Partlett.
Home to the Niagara Escarpment’s cliffs, the Oak Ridges Moraine’s rolling kames and kettles, fine farmland and several of southern Ontario’s most picturesque rivers, Caledon is a rural gem located within Toronto’s urban shadow. In Caledon Hikes: Loops & Lattes, Nicola provides detailed descriptions of 37 hiking loops that are a perfect way to spend an hour, an afternoon or even an entire day. Nicola’s carefully thought-out routes demonstrate her familiarity with the landscape and knowledge of what makes a good hike great. All of the routes described in this thoughtfully organized guide start and end at the same location. Sprinkled within her instructions is fascinating information about Caledon’s plants and animals, tidbits about its industrial past, and suggestions about where to top off your walk with a frothy café latte or an irresistible ice cream cone.
If you live in the Greater Toronto Area or plan to visit, Caledon Hikes: Loops & Lattes will provide you with hours of hiking enjoyment.
About the Author
A hometown girl, NICOLA ROSS is part of Caledon’s landscape. Years spent hiking local trails, wandering down country roads and exploring villages prompted her to start the Caledon Countryside Alliance to help protect the area from urban sprawl. A columnist with In The Hills magazine for almost two decades and the award-winning author of five books including Caledon and Dufferin County, Nicola lends her knowledge of Caledon’s past and present to her familiarity with the trails that crisscross its dramatic landscape.
Write on the Yukon:
A Paddling/Writing Adventure
NEW! Canoe North Adventures invites you to join Adventure & Travel writer Nicola Ross for this unique opportunity to experience the legend and lore of the Klondike Gold Rush. After canoeing down the Yukon River’s swift current amid vast mountain peaks, the trip concludes in Dawson City where we will visit Diamond Tooth Gerties, drop by Pierre Berton’s house, catch up with Robert Service and pan for our golden fortunes along the shores of Bonanza Creek.
Write on the Yukon involves 12 days of paddling the Pelly and Yukon rivers, two of Canada’s most historic waterways. We will spend our days canoeing through history and our nights sleeping with the sound of rushing water as our lullaby. Should you be interested telling a few stories, the schedule allows you time to write about your adventure, work on your memoir or get started on that novel you’ve been wanting to write. We invite you to be inspired by the Yukon’s vast and magical landscape!
Meant for paddlers and writers of all skill levels, this adventure provides you with access to the advice and expertise of seasoned travel, adventure and environmental writer Nicola Ross. She will provide one-on-one assistance and offer workshops that will take place on the shores of the river where, with luck, a curtain of Aurora Borealis will be shimmering in the background. You will come away from the once-in-a-lifetime experience both inspired by your surroundings and more confident that your stories tell a tale that will keep your readers on the edge of their seats.
For more details and photos please visit the page for our regular Yukon River trip. Note: this trip is a day longer to allow extra time for writing and observing.
Please register by calling 519-941-6654 or emailing email@example.com.